|We have been a family-owned and run business for 29 years. Originally named «The Yacht Centre», in 2001 we changed our name to «Sailaway».
Our owner/skipper, Aristotle Vranicas, is a native Greek, born April 25, 1948 in Athens. Aristotle grew up in Vienna, Austria, and speaks fluent German, near-fluent English and of course native Greek. In Vienna, Aristotle studied law, but preferred life on the sea to life in a suite (or a suit). Aristotle has over 30 years experience skippering in Greek waters, and knows both the Ionian and Aegean seas better than Odysseus.Aristotle and his Swiss wife live near Zurich with their two adorable daughters.
- 1978 Purchase of the first ship, a 20-meter long wooden-hulled beauty; first working partnership with the
Swiss Student Travel Agency
- 1980 Working partnership with EUROTREK Travel
- 1983 Acquisition of the first sailboat, a 35-foot «First» by Bénéteau and first sailing tours throughout the
- 1988 Acquisition of the second sailboat, a 36-foot Jeanneau
- 1999 Acquisition of the 57-foot sailing yacht by Alpha-Omega 57, christened the «Christina»
The SY Christina is the realization of a dream, a dream in which we humbly invite you to take part.
5000 Aarau, Switzerland
Tel.: +41 76 4898 344
Mobile: +30 6932 286 826